Thursday, July 9, 2020

Back To You by Evidence and Chinyere Lizzy

Back To You


I remember those days, when we would talk for hours
Have beautiful conversations, and I would just bask in your presence
I always looked forward to reading your words, they always brought comfort to my soul and opened my eyes to so many mysteries
It started with a place in time, a space in my heart, a never ending smile you put on my face
A joy that could never be replaced
A fire that burned, a desire of love, a passion for God
I don't know how or where, but I lost it all
I went down memory lane
Was beginning to to get cold feet
Whenever I hear your name, my heart no longer went racing
This was unlike me
I knew I couldn't stay here or else my faith would fail me
So I went back in time, to the place we first met
To when you swept me off my feet and I fell madly in love with you
When you held my hand and promised not to let go
Lord this is my heart's cry to you
Revive me again
Am laying it down, the distractions, the pain, depression, anxiety, worries
I need you
I'm running back to you
Falling into your grace and love again
I need a surgeon, I need a friend
Set my heart on fire again
Am back to you, never looking back
Never letting go again
Back To You Jesus❤️ 
EVIDENCE
TRIPLE-E



Back to you 

I wanted to be like time
To fly and never return.
I thought I was fed up
Thinking that with you I am done.
But here I am, behaving like a stone,
Falling down after every throw.
You are the down
And back to you I fall.

Back to you I come.
Like a dead man
Destined to return to dust.
Your are the dust
From you I come
On you I live
And back to you I shall return.

You are a tree that I stoned
And you offered me fruits in return,
Like Siberian tiger, you were never provoked
I left on my own and you let me go.
Now I have become a yellow leaf that was initially green
Destined to obey whenever the ground calls.
You are the ground
And back to you I fall.

Back to you I come
Promising to be a dog that you grow
Forever loyal I shall be to your cause.
Back to you I come
You are my home
Wherever I go
To you I shall always return.
CHINEREYE LIZZY
YOUNG PROF



#NorthSideAuthors

13 comments: