Wednesday, September 23, 2020

A PEN HANDLER'S CLOCK By The Northside Authors



A PEN HANDLER'S CLOCK!

Tick tock!
As the moon leaves the stage for the sun,
I stood on my back, with many thoughts.

Tick tock!
I moved to my inner sanctum to weave letters.
There, I poured all of it, indefinably large.

Tick tock!
I took a sip from my fresh tea that slept in a mug,
Ah! It made an intense flow of thoughts take over.

Tick tock!
I read through my weavings in cycles.
All checks, checked. I felt I was doing good.

Tick tock!
But after the multiple cycles,
I had Very little an idea on what I was writing.

Tick tock!
Afraid. 'Will this piece lighten my reader's mind?'
'No'. 'Alright, I'll write again'. I told myself.

Tick tock!
I began Scribbling jumbled letters called words.
But with a smooth flow like a stream with direction.

Tick tock!
I began to feel the harmony in these new words.
I Paid attention to getting attention and also make a meaning.

Tick tock!
Ah! With a sip from the glass of wine before me,
I inhaled deeply as I flipped through these stream of words.

Tick tock!
O yes! (With Joy in my heart) 'My ink has done well,
it's time to put forward.' I said to myself.

Tick tock!
I crosschecked the work. Without fear this time.
Checking to see if I'd retouch or alter any word.

Tick tock!
It's time to tell the public of my new work...
I hope they feel what I felt writing this.

This cycle never ends for a writer, it's what would be faced. Enjoy it!


#NORTHSIDEAUTHORS

POETS:Abraham, Damien, Leah, Josiah, Ben Mark, King James, Gold Khuray, Evidence, Yish Word, Freda.

9 comments: