Sunday, September 13, 2020

I Am A Child Not A Bride By Chinyere Lizzy Henry


He came in hitting side by side.
He walked towards me.
He asked me if I'm ready to be a woman 
I said I'm still a child.
He looked at me again with his eyes burning red.
He asked me again "are you ready to be a woman?"
I said I'm still a child
He looked at me and turned back, he went to the kitchen and came back and he asked again,
"Are you ready to be a woman?"
I told him am just 7 years old
He asked me "who is tall between I and him"
I said it's him
He came close to me looking into my eyes
He touched my "breast"
He took off my "pant"
He got on top of the bed.
The smell of beer coxing from his mouth was strong,
My back was against the hard cupboard.
I held my breast and covered with my knees 
I tried to free myself but I couldn't overcome him
He slapped me and told me to cooperate.
Age 7, I was victim of rape.
He said if I ever tell someone about it, 
He'll hurt me everyday for my life,
"Judge that man is my uncle and that man is the man who raped me.
I'm a child, not a bride I cried out!!!!


2 comments: